cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: issue report
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:04:05 GMT
Did you add the file plugin to your app? 3.0.0 is different than 2.9.0.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM, André Fiedler <Andre.Fiedler@condat.de> wrote:
> Dear development team,
>
> actually I wanted to report an issue but couldn't find a way to do so via your website.
Maybe the answer to this email can provide any further information regarding that point, too.

> Anyway I discovered the following issue, and am surely not the first person to mention
that. But no forum post could give an idea on how to solve it.

> Platform:            Cordova 3.0.0, Jquery mobile 1.3, running on Android 4.1.2
> API:                       File
> Preparation:      all done according to API doc (yes, persmissions are set and so on)
> Experience:       experienced professional mobile software developer (8+ years on multiple
mobile platforms and frameworks, including c#. net cf, android native java, javascript, html5,
css3, cordova, custom cordova 3.0.0 plugin development, cordova plugin usage )

> Issue:
>
> When requesting access to the persistent filesystem via cordova in an hybrid web app
environment, the initialisation immediately fails as follows: Straight when calling "window.requestFileSystem(LocalFileSystem.PERSISTENT,
0, gotFS, fail);" (where gotFS and fail are both functions), I get the error "ReferenceError:
LocalFileSystem is not defined". Even after searching google and many posts, I cannot find
a successful solution for Cordova 3.0.0, although lots of people discuss this behaviour.

> Could you give me any hint regarding further steps? Has this issue already been reported
to you and is there a solution? When will any solution be included in one oft the next releases?
Andi is there a release date for the next official cordova release, including any fix?

> Thank you very much in advance for helping me and my team. If you have any further questions
or hints, please do not hesitate to contacting me (details below).