cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Adding cordova.platform property
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2013 22:08:49 GMT
On Friday, September 6, 2013, Brian LeRoux wrote:

> what does that string return? ios|android|etc? or... ios-7|android-2.3 ???
>
> or browser?

ios|android|etc

It should be the same platform that cli references. So iOS is iOS, android
is android,  and windows phone is either wp7 or wp8, depending on the
platform in use.

If iOS 7 introduces so many incompatibilities that we have to produce a new
repo anda new cli platform, then on that platform it would return "ios7".
Ditto for android 4.4 if it were to do the same thing.

Ian