cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: When to update version numbers?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 13:56:05 GMT
I originally supported #1, because it makes development easier -- during
development, if you add features, you can update cordova-core from
"3.8-rc1" to "3.9-rc1", and then you can work on a corresponding plugin
that declares a dependency on "3.9-rc1".

Without doing this, you need to have your plugin syntactically depend on
the latest *released* version of cordova (otherwise plugman will refuse to
install it), even though it only actually works with a recent development
version.

If we can either add a "--force" option to plugman to make it ignore engine
version requirements, or somehow special-case a version keyword like "dev",
so that it always installs, then I can get behind #2.

Ian