cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: What's your daily workflow for cordova development?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 14:22:43 GMT
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Braden Shepherdson <braden@chromium.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Jonathan Bond-Caron <
> jbondc@gdesolutions.com> wrote:
> > Two new features could be useful from cli:
> > a) Create an initial plugin from a template
> > cordova plugin create [path] [name]
> >
> > e.g.
> > > cordova plugin create F:/GitHub/MyPlugin MyPlugin
> >

> I agree, this would be useful. It's pretty easy to implement, just not a
> high priority. Do you want to file a JIRA ticket for it?

+1 for scaffolding; this could be very useful as a means of documenting
best practices for plugin authors.

I'm not certain how this interacts with platforms, though -- would we have
a monolithic "plugin template" that contains a skeleton for each platform,
or is there some kind of cooperation between the various platform repos so
that they can contribute their own code to the template? (or maybe the
default is JS only, and you have to know how to add code for any given
platform that you develop for)

Ian