cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 2.9.0 Support
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 02:17:18 GMT
We should be supporting 2.9 -- I'm pretty sure we've committed to at least
fixing bugs as they come up.

We never discussed whether we would *only* be fixing things that were
reported on the 2.9 branch, or whether we were going to test the issues
that were reported on 3.x and backport the fixes. I think, though, that as
long as the codebases haven't diverged *so much* (as in a complete re-write
of a given plugin), that we should at least take the time to verify the
issue -- and the fix -- on 2.9, and release 2.9.x versions when it makes
sense.

If we stick with the idea that bugs are testable, and keep all of the tests
in mobile-spec, then hopefully it shouldn't be much more work to run any
new tests against the current 2.9.x before and after applying a patch that
fixes is in 3.x.

Ian