cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@google.com>
Subject Re: Adding cordova.platform property
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2013 21:57:15 GMT
On Friday, September 6, 2013, Jesse wrote:

> +1
> I would expect the return values to be the same platform ids used by
> cordova-cli.[1]

Yes, I believe this is going to be the case. I think it's important that it
return the name of the Cordova platform in use, even if that is totally
disconnected from the actual device that is running the code.

> This would only be a high level value, and if you wanted to know if it was
> iPhone or iPad, you would still need to do additional work, but that to me
> makes sense as feature detection.

Right. If you need to know things about the device itself, then UA
detection, feature detection, or even the device plugin are appropriate.