cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <>
Subject Re: add Feature Splashscreen at android
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:33:36 GMT
I don't think that there is a way currently to have a plugin do that.
Expanding the abilities of Android plugins was one of the goals of a
discussion we had last month, but I haven't put together a complete
proposal yet, so not much work has been done on that front.

This gives me another use-case to think about; in the case of Splashscreen,
it sounds like we would need to allow a plugin to modify the activity's
onCreate method.

Another alternative would be to have the template activity class check for
a preference in config.xml that the plugin (or any other competing
splashscreen plugin, so as not to special-case
org.apache.cordova.core.splashscreen) sets, and add the call to
setIntegerProperty if it is present.