cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject config.xml discussion, we need to talk
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 19:23:03 GMT
Seems any project created with the CLI has a config.xml in the www folder.
[1]
Why do we have 2 of these?

I also recently closed a defect created by Carlos, stating that WP8 did NOT
have it's config.xml in the www folder. [2] Now I am not sure I should have
called this invalid, however, after creating a new WP8 project with the
CLI, I see a config.xml in the www folder AND one in the app root. wtf?

There is an open issue [3] to re-org config files, where Braden states "We
already have plans to move $PROJECT/www/config.xml to $PROJECT/app.xml,
which more or less addresses ..."    Have we formalized what exactly this
is?

Seems we still have a lot of discussion that has to happen before we can
move ahead on these items.  I am currently adding config.xml support to
Windows 8, and was hoping to have a nice clear path of what to do, but it
still looks pretty muddy. [4]

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-46<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4658>
58 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4658>

@purplecabbage