cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating plugin code on prepare
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:03:27 GMT
I think we can do something outside cordova in grunt using the
grunt-contrib-watch plugin in user land.

If after a while there is a compelling reason to add some portion or
lessons learned to cordova  then it can be expose to users.

Also there is the possibility of star experimenting just for cordova usage
for cordova contributors workflows like we have today in
cordova-js\Gruntfile

TLDR: lets eat our own dog food before we adopted as something to support
in apache cordova for consumer of the project.

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Tyler Wilson <twilson@pulse-robotics.com>wrote:

> Just one comment: if I understand this feature correctly, it watches the
> top-level www folder and will copy any updated files into the platform
> files.
>
> My issue with this is that I typically create the project, add the
> platform (iOS in my case) and then load the Xcode project. And what is
> shown in the iOS project is the platform www folder. And since we naturally
> edit the code directly in Xcode, this watch command would never really do
> anything for me.
>
> What I would like a reverse watch, which will detect changes in the
> platform www and copy them up to the top-level shared www folder. Perhaps
> this is part of the feature set - more like a 'sync' than a watch.
>
> Thanks,
> Tyler
>
> On Sep 26, 2013, at 1:09 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>
> > I love the idea of a watch command.
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Forgot about the existence of --link for a second. I think this is a
> >> good solution (not temporary). watch can be an enhancement to this
> >> solution. This might get people like Joe Bowser and other people who
> >> do native dev to give cordova-cli a try (only maybe though).
> >>
> >> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Braden Shepherdson <
> braden@chromium.org>
> >> want

> suspect
> >> compare