cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: config.xml discussion, we need to talk
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 20:59:29 GMT
I was not trying to be purist with the w3c www/config.xml

I just want to see some consistency across all platforms for configuration
settings for a Cordova App.

The same way I have a single index.html, app.css and app.js. I want see one
config.xml for all platforms inside www/ or many config.xml per platform
config.ios.xml, config.android.xml, etc... But as a web developer I'm
excepting all the files that I need to modify inside www/ using CLI or not

Even if I have to run something like ./bin/processconfig.sh to propagate
changes from the /www/config.xml

As web developer I might update the config.xml once for every 100 edits to
my app web files (HTML, JS, CSS)

TLDR: consistency wins over correctness

PS: what is the phonegap team doing? I think you tell users to edit one
config.xml for the web app and pgbuild takes care of the rest

-- Carlos

--
Carlos Santana
<csantana23@gmail.com>