cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 3.1 Release
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 15:08:43 GMT
Just to be super duper clear: the reason to work on 'dev' branch of plugins
is not some process decision we are imposing, its a direct requirement
imposed on us by the limitations of our tools (specifically, the state of
the registry as it was with 3.0 launch).

We discussed this in-depth just a week ago (Read "About plugins in 3.1"),
and I think several other times over the last month, if you would like to
read up on the details look there.

No one likes the situation, we've been making headway into fixing it ever
since we discovered the problem, and it can be resolved as soon as users
upgrade from 3.0 (maybe that means we can switch after 3.1 release, maybe
that means we wait for some 3-months deprecation time, not sure).

-Michal