cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Change plugin IDs from "org.cordova.core.FOO" -> "org.cordova.FOO"
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:18:59 GMT
We don't upgrade plugins as part of platform upgrade anyway, do we?  Still,
its a good point that we may want to map these to newer versions.

One option could be to leave the old names registered in the plugin
registry for a while, and mark deprecated somehow (and perhaps not make
them visible from website?), but I think Andrew mentioned that installing a
plugin from registry using one canonical name and having its plugin.xml
specify a different canonical name meant our tools broke (fail to
uninstall?).  Perhaps we should just fix that.

-Michal