cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Updating plugin code on prepare
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 19:09:16 GMT
Just to add, the reason for the "if" statement in step (2) is that
uninstall & reinstall take a lot longer than just moving a few files, which
is the 99.9% case for most end users who aren't making modifications to
plugins.

This way, we only do the heavy lifting if your plugin structure actually
changed.  Doing it automatically means we no longer have to advise users
that making edits inside plugin/ folder is useless.  Now we just advise
them to run "prepare" after making changes to either www/ or plugins/.

This key insight was Braden's idea and I think its just an awesome change
for workflow.

-Michal