cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: cordova cli global vs. local install
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 15:53:24 GMT
Generally, I like it.  We've discussed a somewhat variant in the past, and
I'm not sure which is better:

Instead of installing locally every time a la grunt, we discussed having a
single install base for the different cordova versions (i.e. inside
~/.cordova), and then cordova-cli is a short script that forks to launch
the right version of cordova proper.  The right version is (a) the most
recent version if you are creating a new app, or (b) the version that is
"tied" to a given workspace when used inside an existing app (and which you
must explicitly upgrade).

-Michal