cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: plugman / cli verbose by default?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 20:23:43 GMT
Well, those aren't UNIX tools. Those are userland tools. (So are we, I
know.)

Imagine if `cd` output something every time you moved. Or rm was always
noisy. Super annoying. Anyhow, the book Classic Shell Scripting explains
this better than I. Recommended reading.

I'd rather our tools followed UNIX philosophy here and where quiet by
defaul and noisy if asked. For the record, I've talked to Issac about just
this issue in node b/c it makes composing scripts more difficult when you
have to pipe garbage output around and a tacit plan for npm was to make it
quiet by default someday when it gets stable. (Who knows if that is still
the case.)