cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject When to update version numbers?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 16:21:51 GMT
For repos that use SemVer, there are two options:

1. Update the version number at the time that the change is made
2. Update the version number only when doing a release.

Right now, #2 is what I've put in the wiki instructions, but it can be
changed of course :)

Two main reasons I think #2 will work better:
 - #1 might be too complicated (might forget to update it, may update the
version multiple times if multiple feature changes go in)
 - #2 If doing a release, you should know what you're releasing. Having to
choose the right version number will force you to understand what you're
releasing.