cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 3.1 Release
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:11:57 GMT
Jesse - The "-" in there is needed for the version to be semver-compatible.
There was some work done to support the missing -, but I think it's still
the case that without it plugins that have <engine> tags that require
"cordova-win8 >= 3.1.0" might fail to parse your version without the -.
Probably not something that needs to be fixed right away though since it'll
still work fine for released versions.

Joe - Yep, obviously I'd prefer you to try and fix coho, but certainly it's
use isn't a requirement. Do be careful not to miss steps though. That's the
goal of the tool.

I ran it on cordova-android, and it did find that you missed a few things:

./cordova-coho/coho prepare-release-branch -r android --version 3.1.0-rc1
... SNIP ...
==== All work complete. 3 commits were made locally.
==== To review changes:
====   /Users/agrieve/git/cordova/cordova-coho/coho repo-status -r android
-b master -b 3.1.x
==== To push changes:
====   /Users/agrieve/git/cordova/cordova-coho/coho repo-push -r android -b
master -b 3.1.x
==== To revert all local commits:
====   /Users/agrieve/git/cordova/cordova-coho/coho repo-reset -r android
-b master -b 3.1.x

/Users/agrieve/git/cordova/cordova-coho/coho repo-status -r android -b
master -b 3.1.x

====
====
====
==== cordova-android on branch master (vs origin/master): Commits exist.
==== a9423f3 Set VERSION to 3.2.0-dev (via coho)
==== c4bdd92 Update JS snapshot to version 3.1.0-rc1 (via coho)
==== cordova-android on branch 3.1.x (vs origin/3.1.x): Commits exist.
==== 47ac311 Set VERSION to 3.1.0-rc1 (via coho)
====
==== Diff (truncated) for cordova-android on branch master (vs
origin/master):
==== diff --git a/VERSION b/VERSION
==== index 9001211..df4a767 100644
==== --- a/VERSION
==== +++ b/VERSION
==== @@ -1 +1 @@
==== -dev
==== \ No newline at end of file
==== +3.2.0-dev
==== diff --git a/bin/templates/cordova/version
b/bin/templates/cordova/version
==== index 04e734c..36c3388 100755
==== --- a/bin/templates/cordova/version
==== +++ b/bin/templates/cordova/version
==== @@ -20,6 +20,6 @@
====  */
====
====  // Coho updates this line:
==== -var VERSION = '3.1.0-dev';
==== +var VERSION = "3.2.0-dev";
====
====  console.log(VERSION);
==== diff --git a/framework/assets/www/cordova.js
b/framework/assets/www/cordova.js
==== index f798e7a..5f0ac0d 100644
==== @@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
====  // Platform: android
==== -// 3.0.0rc1-1-g1965a39
==== +// 3.1.0-rc1-0-g0d70465
====  /*
====   Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
====
==== Diff (truncated) for cordova-android on branch 3.1.x (vs origin/3.1.x):
==== index 04e734c..42bab55 100755
==== --- a/bin/templates/cordova/version
==== +++ b/bin/templates/cordova/version
==== @@ -20,6 +20,6 @@
====  */
====
====  // Coho updates this line:
==== -var VERSION = '3.1.0-dev';
==== +var VERSION = "3.1.0-rc1";
====
====  console.log(VERSION);
==== diff --git a/framework/src/org/apache/cordova/CordovaWebView.java
b/framework/src/org/apache/cordova/CordovaWebView.java
==== index beb41ac..b1fc5e8 100755
==== --- a/framework/src/org/apache/cordova/CordovaWebView.java
==== +++ b/framework/src/org/apache/cordova/CordovaWebView.java
==== @@ -61,7 +61,7 @@ public class CordovaWebView extends WebView {
====
====      public static final String TAG = "CordovaWebView";
====
==== -    public static final String CORDOVA_VERSION = "3.1.0-dev";
==== +    public static final String CORDOVA_VERSION = "3.1.0-rc1";
====
====      private ArrayList<Integer> keyDownCodes = new
ArrayList<Integer>();
====      private ArrayList<Integer> keyUpCodes = new ArrayList<Integer>();
====
====

As for CHANGELOG.md, I was hoping we could start one (following suite from
cordova-ios's RELEASENOTES.md). It makes writing "what's new" blog posts
easier, and also helps to identify what needs extra testing. I actually
didn't mean to change the name from RELEASENOTES, so I'll add the file
update the instructions to use this name.

(

It'll be the
> through.

RC of all repos