cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: About plugins in 3.1
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 01:10:14 GMT
The ability to clone from a branch/tag already exists. It didn't for 3.0,
but was added afterwards.

I don't think there's much use in changing instructions to install from
git+tag urls when the registry exists anyways. The registry has
3.0-compatible plugins in it, so that's a better solution.

I do think we should wait some time before making the switch to developing
on master (and deleting the dev branches), since it'll take some time to
get the word out. There's even been some tools (yeoman & the like) that
have been written that hardcode in the git URLs.

Definitely excited about this though! So much nicer!