cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 3.1 Release
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 21:58:27 GMT
Plugins are not tagged nor branched along with platforms. They are releases
completely independently.

Commit to the "dev" branch always.

For how to do a plugin release (aka merge dev into master, see
https://wiki.apache.org/cordova/StepsForPluginRelease). Anis just added a
branch for pushing them to the cordova registry, where the only difference
is removing the url= attribute from <dependency> tags. That step should be
added to the release page.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a small change for Windows 8 that I need to apply to all the core
> plugins.
> Which branch should I work from, and which should I push to?
>
> @purplecabbage
> risingj.com
>

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So, what are the plugins being  versioned at? 3.x? 1.x?
> >
> > I'm asking because the plugins are tagged with the 3.0.0 release, so
> > it makes sense for them to start there.
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 6:40 AM, Braden Shepherdson <braden@chromium.org
> >
> > wrote:
> > > I don't think we want the Cordova version (3.1.0) getting tagged in
> > > plugins. I should think we should merge dev to master and then tag it
> > with
> > > the plugin's own version number, not Cordova versions. Put another way,
> > > it's only a coincidence that this plugin release happens to be near the
> > > Cordova 3.1.0 release.
> > >
> > > Braden

> > org.apache.cordova.*
> believe