cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Registry based plugins and <dependency> tags
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 18:56:17 GMT
The logic is:
- If there's a url, use it, otherwise use the registry.

If I'm developing on a plugin, and that plugin has a dependency, I don't
want it fetching it from the registry. I could change the <dependency> to
have a url= to the local path, but then I need to remember to take that out
before publishing.

So... I'm thinking it would be useful to allow projects to provide their
own file-backed local registry. E.g. a JSON file of pluginId -> url/path.
Where the new algorithm would be:

if id in localRegistry, use that url, otherwise, use the registry.

I think this will be super useful for projects that want to distribute
plugins off-registry as well.

Question is - where's the best place for this?

My first thought was in CLI's .cordova/config.json, but that won't work for
plugman projects. homedir may address some use-cases, but project-specific
local registry is still important I think. So... Maybe for CLI projects, we
put it in .cordova/config.json and for plugman you use a
--localregistry=FILE flag?