cordova-dev mailing list archives

From James Jong <>
Subject [iOS 7] input on accelerometer plugin implementation
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:53:00 GMT
Seeking some input from my fellow iOS devs...

UIAccelerometer has been deprecated as of iOS 5 in favor of using CoreMotion framework.
Our iOS core Accelerometer plugin uses UIAccelerometer and Xcode 5 shows warnings for using
the deprecated class.

I have a working implementation using CoreMotion but iOS 7 repeatedly issues an annoying debug
message in Xcode when accelerometer is being watched.  A workaround is discussed here by shimming
stderr->_write to ignore the message.

What to do?  I see 3 choices:
1) Leave current code as is with warnings in Xcode 5.  Switch to CoreMotion when Apple fixes
2) Implement with CoreMotion as is with debug message present.
3) Implement with CoreMotion with stderr->_write workaround.

Any preferences on the above options?  Suggestions?

-James Jong