cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When to do "Official Apache Releases"
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 13:20:57 GMT
+1 to still do these for each cadence release.

I'm in a somewhat unique situation where Cordova gets bundled as a downstream distribution
into a vendor product. The vendor product uses the Cordova native platforms and core plugins
that get embedded in the product, the product doesn't fetch any code from git or npm. And
the product itself doesn't get installed in an npm-like way.  There isn't dynamic updates
or dependency fetching. As we bundle those downstream distributions, I'm very used to using
the official apache release tarballs.

I'm fine with it being just the native platforms and docs. We don't embed the Cordova docs
in the product, we just link out to cordova.apache.org/docs.

And it would feel weird for an Apache project to not publish source releases.

I nobody else wants to invest the time to publish an official apache release to dist.apache.org,
then I can own that.

-- Marcel