cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Kirill Kireyev <kir...@instagrok.com>
Subject open link in system browser
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:12:05 GMT
Hi, sorry to ask this question again, but I simply can't get this to work.

The problem I have is when I do
     window.open(url, "_system")  (e.g.
window.open("http://www.cnn.com", "_system") )
I want to open the link on the system (e.g. safari) browser, but instead
it opens the content inside the app (blocking the previous screen).

I'm using Cordova 3.0.0. This behavior happens both on Android and iOS.

I've installed InAppBrowser ( cordova plugin add
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser.git
), like the instructions said. I have also added the clause to the
platform-specific config.xml, e.g. in /platforms/android/res/xml/config.xml:
<feature name="InAppBrowser">
         <param name="android-package"
value="org.apache.cordova.InAppBrowser" />
</feature>

Could this be because I have:
<access origin="*" />
in the config.xml? Do I need to change that setting?

Please help!

Thanks,
Kirill

--