cordova-dev mailing list archives

From André Fiedler <Andre.Fied...@condat.de>
Subject issue report
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:45:23 GMT
Dear development team,

actually I wanted to report an issue but couldn't find a way to do so via your website. Maybe
the answer to this email can provide any further information regarding that point, too.

Anyway I discovered the following issue, and am surely not the first person to mention that.
But no forum post could give an idea on how to solve it.

Platform:            Cordova 3.0.0, Jquery mobile 1.3, running on Android 4.1.2
API:                       File
Preparation:      all done according to API doc (yes, persmissions are set and so on)
Experience:       experienced professional mobile software developer (8+ years on multiple
mobile platforms and frameworks, including c#. net cf, android native java, javascript, html5,
css3, cordova, custom cordova 3.0.0 plugin development, cordova plugin usage )

Issue:

When requesting access to the persistent filesystem via cordova in an hybrid web app environment,
the initialisation immediately fails as follows: Straight when calling "window.requestFileSystem(LocalFileSystem.PERSISTENT,
0, gotFS, fail);" (where gotFS and fail are both functions), I get the error "ReferenceError:
LocalFileSystem is not defined". Even after searching google and many posts, I cannot find
a successful solution for Cordova 3.0.0, although lots of people discuss this behaviour.

Could you give me any hint regarding further steps? Has this issue already been reported to
you and is there a solution? When will any solution be included in one oft the next releases?
Andi is there a release date for the next official cordova release, including any fix?

Thank you very much in advance for helping me and my team. If you have any further questions
or hints, please do not hesitate to contacting me (details below).

Best regards,
André

André Fiedler
project manager & software engineer (mobility department)
--
Condat AG
Alt-Moabit 91 d | 10559 Berlin | Germany

Vorstand: Dr. Christof Peltason (CEO)
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Hans-Peter Hehn
HRB Berlin Charlottenburg 83319