cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <jbo...@gdesolutions.com>
Subject RE: plugman / cli verbose by default?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 21:46:13 GMT
On Wed Sep 4 04:38 PM, Andrew Grieve wrote:

> You can always use --quiet if you pipe our command and have it not output.
> Am I missing something about your use-case?
>
> We have a practical problem right now in that we get a lot of bad bug reports
> where we need to tell users to re-run with --verbose. Almost every day in IRC,
> someone gets told to re-run with --verbose.

--quiet would be useful

I think part of the problem is cli should output more useful information and there's missing
'log levels'.

> plugin add foo
Adding foo from http://github.com/bar/foo.git
foo installed!

Somewhat related,
require(../plugman).emit('log', 'something');

Could be changed to
Logger.log("message"); // default would be "info" level
Logger.log("doing advanced stuff", "verbose");
Logger.log("Something bad happened", "error");