cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <jbo...@gdesolutions.com>
Subject RE: What's your daily workflow for cordova development?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 15:07:25 GMT
On Mon Sep 2 07:34 PM, Brian LeRoux wrote:
> Here's a shot. Ideal flow tomorrow might be to generate a plugin called, lets say,
> "Echo" that matches something we'd find in our docs, automate add/remove
> with some sort of watch command. That way ppl are writing to the plugin spec
> from the beginning instead of refactoring a plugin out of a native project.
>
> Thoughts?

Two new features could be useful from cli:
a) Create an initial plugin from a template
cordova plugin create [path] [name]

e.g.
> cordova plugin create F:/GitHub/MyPlugin MyPlugin

b)  Update all plugins from a cordova application
cordova plugins update

e.g.
> cordova create F:/CordovaApp
> cd F:/CordovaApp
> cordova plugin add F:/GitHub/MyPlugin
> cordova plugins update

The implementation is likely tricky, how to detect plugin modification? Version check?
I image it would remove & install the new plugin.

> cordova plugins update -local

Could  be useful to force the removal and reinstall of only local plugins (from a filesystem
path) / under development...

I haven't gotten around to running .spec tests but something simple as:
c) Running tests within plugin directory
cd F:/GitHub/MyPlugin
cordova plugin test

[Test #1] Passed
[Test #2] Failed: Reference error foo doesn't not exist

Would be very useful.