cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tyler Wilson <twil...@pulse-robotics.com>
Subject Re: Updating plugin code on prepare
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:42:09 GMT
Just one comment: if I understand this feature correctly, it watches the top-level www folder
and will copy any updated files into the platform files.

My issue with this is that I typically create the project, add the platform (iOS in my case)
and then load the Xcode project. And what is shown in the iOS project is the platform www
folder. And since we naturally edit the code directly in Xcode, this watch command would never
really do anything for me.

What I would like a reverse watch, which will detect changes in the platform www and copy
them up to the top-level shared www folder. Perhaps this is part of the feature set - more
like a 'sync' than a watch.

Thanks,
Tyler

On Sep 26, 2013, at 1:09 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> I love the idea of a watch command.
>

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Forgot about the existence of --link for a second. I think this is a
>> good solution (not temporary). watch can be an enhancement to this
>> solution. This might get people like Joe Bowser and other people who
>> do native dev to give cordova-cli a try (only maybe though).
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Braden Shepherdson <braden@chromium.org>
>> wrote:
>>> If the proposal above is temporary, what's permanent? cordova watch? I
>> want
>>> to make sure we're on the same page.
>>>
>>> Braden

>> compare