cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldel...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Cordova Translation update
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 20:17:33 GMT
Cordova Translation update. http://crowdin.net/project/cordova

1. I've had multiple requests for languages in which people wish to help
translate.  There are now 8 languages: Chinese, French, German, Hindi,
Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish

2. There are 15 users participating in the project

3. Crowdin uses the option of machine translation using Microsoft
Translation so any untranslated strings can be automatically translated
and then verified for accuracy by community members making translation
efforts much faster than if translators had to manually translate every
string.  This is a relatively new feature and it is a little buggy.  The
crowdin support group has been excellent at responding to my issues and
I'm currently working to debug this with them.  Once it's ready to go
it'll be a great feature for Cordova.

4. We can run a script to pull the latest documentation for edge
periodically and upload into crowdin.  This does NOT override any
translation work that has already been competed.  Instead, it checks to
see if there are any changes and only requires translation on the changed
content.  This is great news, I was worried we'd lose content with each
pull request.  Here is a quick demo video I created showing the script in
action: http://www.screencast.com/t/RvDoSAd1R2S5

5. I'm working on a modified script that will take all of the translations
that are complete (100% translated) and push them back into github.  The
script runs without errors but I don't have a language that is at 100% so
I'm working on that before I can finalize testing.  My goal is to get it
done this week.  Once it's completed I can commit the translated languages
back into my github repo and add a pull request.  We'll need to modify the
scripts once the documentation is officially extracted into each plugin
repository.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
ldeluca@apache.org