cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Baktsheev <ow...@apla.me>
Subject Re: blackberry os 10 issues
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 13:00:29 GMT
hi,

thank you for answers. i have some more questions. please see below.

On 18 Aug 2013, at 18:50, Bryan Higgins <bryan@bryanhiggins.net> wrote:

> Hi Ivan,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. Very much appreciated. I will try to address your
> comments inline.
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan
>

> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Ivan Baktsheev <dot.and.thing@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> hi everyone.
>>
>> deployment for blackberry10 is broken in many places.
>>
>> 1) main issue with blackberry is "blackberry" object in javascript not
>> populated. i need to use "blackberry.invoke" in my plugin, but adding those
>> features doesn't work:
>> <feature id="blackberry.invoke" required="true" version="1.0.0.0" />
>> <feature id="blackberry.invoke.card" />
>>
>> please tell me how to use it.
>>

> These are BlackBerry features which are not part of Apache Cordova. You
> will need to install the plugins from this repo until they become available
> on the plugin registry.
>
> https://github.com/blackberry/cordova-blackberry-plugins/

got idea. client part make request to the "local web server". "local web server" then launch
www/plugins/[plugin]/index.js

plugin installed, but i cannot use blackberry.invoke.card. filled issue:

https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Framework/issues/678

>> 2) second issue is with persistent storage. when i trying to reach file,
>> located in persistent storage, i've got wrong url.
>> this is a gist for problem demonstration:
>> https://gist.github.com/apla/6258386
>> on ios and android this gist gives me alert, but not on a blackberry.
>>
>> this can be an api restriction or a bug.
>>

> You cannot write to a filesystem of size 0. Please log an issue if you're
> still having problems. There is a developer actively working on getting the
> file api to behave more like the other platforms - although there are
> quirks with all of them.
>

>> another issues:
>>
>> 3) www/config.xml:
>> 3.1) platform/blackberry10/www/config.xml must be cleared from <icon
>> platform="!blackberry"/> because packager goes mad with so many icons with
>> unknown sizes (minor, because it doesn't affect package build)
>> 3.2) config.xml template must contains actual configurations for
>> blackberry (icon size 114x114)
>> 3.3) <gap:splash> is not renamed to <rim:splash> in
>> "platform/blackberry10/www/config.xml" after running `cordova prepare
>> blackberry`
>> 3.4) <preference name="orientation" value="portrait" /> not converted to
>> <feature id="blackberry.app">
>>        <param name="orientation" value="portrait" />
>> </feature>
>> in resulting config.xml file (probably
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4563)
>> 3.5) rim xmlns must be added
>> 3.6) error if <content src="index.html"/> omitted (probably
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4570)
>>
>> so, i was patched cordova-cli to make 3.1, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 works.
>> please review my pull request.
>>

> Thanks for this! I'll review these changes on Monday.
>
> Btw, there is another pull request outstanding to convert all of the
> blackberry.app features to preference
>
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-blackberry/pull/70

saw your comments, thank you

>> 4) cordova-cli:
>>
>> version 3.0.4 copies config.xml from template over actual one and make
>> unusable build.
>> probably someone need to release newer cordova-cli version for blackberry
>> builds (at least after commit 83a042a75ab83370b74a5413a2721cceb08e6399)
>

> I believe the NPM release is already up to 3.0.6.

missed release, my fault