cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Cordova CLI
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 18:15:13 GMT

>And what about current approach. Can I suppose, that
>cordova plugin add
>http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-plugin-geolocation.git
>
>will work in the future and add the right version of geolocation plugin?

Yes. The above will always add "latest version of geolocation plugin".

We have an issue filed for better/finer-grained support for specifying
versions [1].

>NetBeans IDE has much longer dev cycle than cordova (let say 6-9 months
>for the release). And I like to be sure, that if we release support for
>plugins, it will not break after few weeks. Any ideas, how should I do it?

Our goals moving forward toward 4.0 is to adopt semver-style versioning as
much as possible, meaning, you can expect breaking changes only when we
release a new major version (I.e. Cordova 4.0).