cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: platform-spec
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 22:40:35 GMT
You mean, can't the tests exist as part of the cordova-cli tests? I
suppose they could. The unit tests in cordova-cli are just that: unit
tests. They do not actually shell out to the platform scripts. This keeps
the tests focussed and light (run in < 1 second). A good thing if you're
developing on that project.

Related, Jeff from BlackBerry recently added an "integration" test to
cordova-cli to actually shell out to certain cordova-cli commands and
inspect output, but this is brittle: timeouts are usually not met and are
very system-dependent (having an SSD vs. not is the difference between a
failing and passing test).

If we broke out the integration tests for the platform scripts, and not
have them run automatically when you invoke `npm test` within cordova-cli,
I think it'd be fine. I don't really care where the tests exist, as long
as a) they exist and b) running them becomes part of the Sanctioned
Testing And Release Process© (aka STARP)