cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject PROPOSAL: node.js all the script things
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 22:14:47 GMT
I would like to introduce node.js as a dependency for the platform
libraries, so that the platform scripts (bin/create, cordova/run, etc) are
written in node.

Pros:
- For multi-OS platforms (Android, BlackBerry), this reduces committer
cognitive load as the scripts do not need to be authored in two different
script languages (I.e. Shell for unix-y Oses, Wscript for Windows)
- consistency in tool/script language. Cordova-js, coho, cli and plugman
are all written on top of node.js.

Cons:
- Introducing a new dependency

NB: This is separate from platform-spec; I would like to see platform-spec
created/used regardless of the outcome of this thread.