cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Plugman behavior with assets
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 14:16:58 GMT
This was a deliberate decision. We want the $project/www and
$project/merges/* to be strictly user files only. This makes the user code
easy to version control and prevents all kinds of horrible clobbering bugs,
where we go overwriting user code with files from a plugin.

The CLI takes care of all these issues. You can "cordova serve $platform"
to have it serve files locally from the platforms/$platform/.../www
directory, and so on. Using plugman solo, while supported, is definitely
less streamlined.

Braden