cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Posting Blog Posts
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 15:34:18 GMT
+1 on Andrews process proposal
+1 on having official posts vs. guest posts
+1 post template
+1 voting only on apache/official posts

Additions:
1. Want to proposed also linked posts (linked posts vs. official posts vs.
guest posts)
    linked posts is just a paragraph with a link "Read More..." pointing to
the author's blog site (phonegap blog has this concept)
    tags could be used ( i.e. apache, guest, external). guest and external
will have a note about "Apache" not legally responsible by content blah
blah :-)

2. Use properly categories and tags (it allows for better organization and
filtering)
    Should contain 1 or 2 categories, and many tags
    Categories are usually associated with type of post (tutorial, howto,
guide, release note, etc..)
    Tags are usually associated with topics included in the post (ios,
plugin, cli, javascript, standards, html5, blackberry, devtools,
performance, etc..)

3. Document suggested categories and tags ids (don't want 'Android',
'android', 'ANDROID', 'Google-Android' creating 4 distinct tags)
     Post Template can be the place to centralized categories and tags to
use

--
Carlos Santana
<csantana23@gmail.com>