cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Higgins <br...@bryanhiggins.net>
Subject Re: blackberry os 10 issues
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2013 14:50:39 GMT
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the feedback. Very much appreciated. I will try to address your
comments inline.

Thanks,
Bryan

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Ivan Baktsheev <dot.and.thing@gmail.com>wrote:

> hi everyone.
>
> deployment for blackberry10 is broken in many places.
>
> 1) main issue with blackberry is "blackberry" object in javascript not
> populated. i need to use "blackberry.invoke" in my plugin, but adding those
> features doesn't work:
> <feature id="blackberry.invoke" required="true" version="1.0.0.0" />
> <feature id="blackberry.invoke.card" />
>
> please tell me how to use it.

These are BlackBerry features which are not part of Apache Cordova. You
will need to install the plugins from this repo until they become available
on the plugin registry.

https://github.com/blackberry/cordova-blackberry-plugins/

> 2) second issue is with persistent storage. when i trying to reach file,
> located in persistent storage, i've got wrong url.
> this is a gist for problem demonstration:
> https://gist.github.com/apla/6258386
> on ios and android this gist gives me alert, but not on a blackberry.
>
> this can be an api restriction or a bug.

You cannot write to a filesystem of size 0. Please log an issue if you're
still having problems. There is a developer actively working on getting the
file api to behave more like the other platforms - although there are
quirks with all of them.

> another issues:
>
> 3) www/config.xml:
> 3.1) platform/blackberry10/www/config.xml must be cleared from <icon
> platform="!blackberry"/> because packager goes mad with so many icons with
> unknown sizes (minor, because it doesn't affect package build)
> 3.2) config.xml template must contains actual configurations for
> blackberry (icon size 114x114)
> 3.3) <gap:splash> is not renamed to <rim:splash> in
> "platform/blackberry10/www/config.xml" after running `cordova prepare
> blackberry`
> 3.4) <preference name="orientation" value="portrait" /> not converted to
> <feature id="blackberry.app">
>         <param name="orientation" value="portrait" />
> </feature>
> in resulting config.xml file (probably
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4563)
> 3.5) rim xmlns must be added
> 3.6) error if <content src="index.html"/> omitted (probably
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4570)
>
> so, i was patched cordova-cli to make 3.1, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 works.
> please review my pull request.

Thanks for this! I'll review these changes on Monday.

Btw, there is another pull request outstanding to convert all of the
blackberry.app features to preference

https://github.com/apache/cordova-blackberry/pull/70

> 4) cordova-cli:
>
> version 3.0.4 copies config.xml from template over actual one and make
> unusable build.
> probably someone need to release newer cordova-cli version for blackberry
> builds (at least after commit 83a042a75ab83370b74a5413a2721cceb08e6399)

I believe the NPM release is already up to 3.0.6.