cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Extending CordovaWebView
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:21:08 GMT
Potentially cordova itself would make use of this feature.  For one quick
practical example, in order to implement local notifications on iOS you
have to modify the AppDelegate, which is created as part of the app
template.  If you are re-creating your app often, you may want to modify
the template you start with, so as not to require the manual step.  This is
just one such example.

(An alternative for the above example is to have cordova support decorating
*all* the methods, as Ian outlined as being problem #2, but alas there will
always be some example we haven't thought of and custom templates are
generally useful as powerful last resort)