cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Posting Blog Posts
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 17:27:48 GMT
I'de like to make a proposal about how we go about publishing certain blog
posts.  I think this is a good practice for Organizational-type blogs to
clearly identify posts which are (1) genuinely origination from the
organization, vs (2) those which are just being curated from within the
community.  This is already widely accepted practice on many other blogs as
well as on Twitter, and I think already the strategy that PhoneGap blog
uses.

Basically:
(1) If the content has to do with cordova-core, i.e. announcing releases,
or publishing guides, etc., we should publish the full text directly on the
cordova Blog (by whichever author), as-if written by the organization.
(2) If the content was written by a contributor and is worth curating for
the whole community, but is not really core ie. non-core plugins, dev tips,
research, opinion-pieces, statistics, etc., post a short description,
perhaps adding a document-snippet, but then link to the externally hosted
content, making it clearly not written by the organization.

I think this makes it both easier to identify those posts which are really
organizationally important, as well as giving us a way to post things that
otherwise maybe would not have made the cut.

WDYT?

-Michal