cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Kim <timki...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting the Plugin Registry Set up Locally
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 21:55:13 GMT
Hey gang,

I believe the good people at google were wanting to hack on plugin registry
but were unsure how to set it up. Here are some instructions to get this
ole bucket of bolts going:

How to get plugin registry going locally
1) Install couchdb:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installation

Follow instructions in the link above for your platform.

1.b) Start up couchdb:
sudo couchdb

Should launch on http://127.0.0.1:5984/ by default

1.c) Set up admin on couchdb:
http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/security.html

1.d) Check out Futon panel for couchdb:
Go to http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/

1.e) Sign in as admin:
Click on the 'Login' link in the bottom right (kinda hard to find) and
use credentials set in step 1.c

1.f) Turn secure_rewrites to false:
Go to Tools/Configuration
Search for secure_rewrites under the section httpd
Make sure secure_rewrites is set to false

2) install couchapp
sudo npm install couchapp -g

3) Clone npmjs.org:
https://github.com/imhotep/npmjs.org

Follow the "Installing" part of the readme, but don't synch from the npm
registry.

3.b) Replicate from cordova registry
Haven't actually gotten this step to work atm - getting weird error:
curl -X POST -H "Content-Type:application/json" \
    http://127.0.0.1:5984/_replicate -d \
    '{"source":"http://registry.cordova.io/", "target":"registry"}'

Or use Futon panel:
Click on Tools/Replicator and use UI

3.c) Launch the registry locally:
cd npmjs.org
couchapp serve registry/app.js http://127.0.0.1:5984/registry -d
www/attachments/

4) Use plugin-registry to interact with registry locally:
https://github.com/imhotep/plugman-registry

See https://github.com/imhotep/plugman-registry/blob/master/index.jsvariable
local_registry to make sure it's pointing in the right place

I haven't gotten the replication step from registry.cordova.io to work just
yet, but I figured I'd put up what I have so far so at least people can
choose to get started. I'll post an update when I figured out what's going
on (it might be just me who's erroring out).

Anywho, I hope that helps!

--
Timothy Kim