cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Cordova-js in a 3.0 world
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 14:30:42 GMT
On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> I'm very interested in the idea of getting as much of our architecture
> broken into discreetly reusable bits.
>
> Feels like those might be just best as vanilla node modules.
>
> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> > Ideas are neat, sure :) what I want to know is what caused the ideas to
> > come up in the first place? What scenarios exist that these cases would
> be
> > beneficial? I am simply searching for grounding, not shooting them down.
> >
> > On 8/9/13 2:18 PM, "Michal Mocny" <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:
> >
> >>Andrew originally wrote: "Of these, the only one I think is actually a
> >>good
> >>idea is #1, but thought it might be neat to talk about the others."

> exec

I was trying to see how much of cordova-js could be split out.

e.g. Maybe we could even get to the point where we don't have a cordova-js
so that platform JS is closer to the native platform code.
e.g. Maybe we wouldn't have to copy in cordova.js for each platform
release, and instead just have a platform depend on a plugin
"cordova-plugin-corejs". We could then have JS patch release updates happen
independently from the native code. Right now plugins are easier to update
than platforms.