cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Cordova-js in a 3.0 world
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 20:32:00 GMT
Separating this from the "platforms in a 3.0 world" thread.

Idea #1: Separate plugin helper APIs into distinct plugins
Idea #2: Separate exec bridge into a plugin
Idea #3: Put the pluginloader with plugman so that it can load the exec
bridge plugins
Idea #4: Put start-up logic in a plugin

Of these, the only one I think is actually a good idea is #1, but thought
it might be neat to talk about the others.

For reference, the only non-exec-bridge / start-up code I can see is:
./cordova.js   <--- hooks addEventListener + has exec bridge logic
./common/argscheck.js   <--- strictly a helper for plugins
./common/base64.js   <--- exec bridges depends on this for ArrayBuffers
./common/builder.js  <--- should be folded into modulemapper.js
./common/channel.js  <--- start-up code needs this
./common/init.js  <--- start-up code
./common/modulemapper.js  <--- start-up code
./common/pluginloader.js  <--- loads plugins on start-up
./common/urlutil.js   <--- recently added helper for plugins
./common/utils.js   <--- mostly misc stuff that may be mostly unused?

There's also:
./windows8/windows8/commandProxy.js
which I assume is exec bridge releated.

I think that argscheck & urlutil would be well-suited as stand-alone
plugins that other plugins depend on.