cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ally Ogilvie <aogil...@wizcorp.jp>
Subject Re: Extending CordovaWebView
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 00:43:16 GMT
> First is that there is no way to use a custom WebView / WebViewClient /
> ChromeClient class within the CLI system, without writing custom native
> code after your project has been created.

Not sure about the CLI system, don't really use it. Call me old school but
I love my jars 'n frameworks. There is of course another reason for this;
Cordova is very much a framework for me, NOT a platform. I think it's
crucial to remember there are many reasons to use Cordova in a project, it
can often be just as a means to get a little extra accessibility and
browser standardisation out of the WebView. The rest of the app could be
80% native with heaps of other SDKs...

>For Mobile Chrome Apps, we have a need to subclass the CordovaChromeClient
>class used by our applications.  There's not currently a way to do that in
>the CLI world

Ian, I know you are using CLI, but IF you were not, you would subclass
CordovaChromeClient on your application's main Activity?? I see no sensible
way to do it on a Plugin without going thread crazy... I can separate a
thread if you want to keep this CLI related, but I feel the plugin
developer use case should be considered in this thread too.

I'm 100% hopeful that at a minimum more methods (WebView and WebViewCient)
can be exposed to the Plugins.

@Michal M.
You don't need to touch the AppDelegate.m for anything as long as Cordova
still sends out CDVLocalNotification.
It's a little known fact +(void)load will fire before
application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:
https://github.com/Wizcorp/phonegap-plugin-localNotifications/blob/v2.7/ios/project/Plugins/LocalNotification/LocalNotification.m

--
<http://www.wizcorp.jp/>Ally Ogilvie
Lead Developer - MobDev. | Wizcorp Inc. <http://www.wizcorp.jp/>