cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Becicka <Jan.Beci...@oracle.com>
Subject Cordova CLI
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 13:06:46 GMT
Hi,
  I'm a developer working on Cordova Support in NetBeans IDE (http://www.netbeans.org).
  NetBeans IDE can create a new Cordova Project, build/run it on emulators and devices, do
Live CSS styling, JavaScript Debugging etc... Our implementation depends on the new Cordova
CLI. I have some concerns, that we might depend on something which is subject to change.

* We depend on Cordova CLI - it should be safe, right? This should be stable.

* We depend on project structure according https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli . Is the
project structure stable?

* What about cordova plugins? Core Cordova plugins are added through CLI this way:

cordova plugin add https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-plugin-geolocation.git

We implemented UI for adding core plugins into the project. We hardcoded list of plugins and
we hardcoded those git repositories, since we didn't find any better way. But I have some
concerns, that these repositories will change in the future and our UI will stop working.
What are your plans with plugins?

* Cordova CLI does not support iOS Devices. (cordova run ios). Are there any plans to support
it in near future?

Thank you,
Jan
NetBeans