cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "jbondc@openmv.com" <jbo...@openmv.com>
Subject RE: Extending CordovaWebView
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 14:12:05 GMT
On Mon Aug 19 05:21 PM, Ian Clelland wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I don't think that we should replace Java code with XML.  This is a
> > lot different than just reading constants from an XML file.  If you're
> > going to mess around with the webview, you should be forced to
> > understand what you're doing.  It's already bad enough that hardly
> > anybody reads the plugin code before they cram it into their projects.
> >

> It's not replacing Java code with XML -- if anything, it's *more* Java
> code :).
> Just using reflection to instantiate the correct classes,
> exactly like plugin
> installation / invocation.

I'm somewhat for the idea but it seems too early to start thinking how this would be implemented.
Maybe it turns out there's only 2-5 plugins that would need this.

One thing that could help is an <experimental></experimental> section in plugin.xml
to try different approaches.
That part could break at any time, if there's eventually consensus on the feature and syntax,
it gets merged in plugin.xml