cordova-dev mailing list archives

From James Jong <>
Subject Re: Camera API
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:04:40 GMT
You're right that it could be calculated based on one or the other.  The code expects both
today.  I think the point is to be clear that the aspect ratio is maintained, so that the
user does not expect to be able to arbitrarily set both.

-James Jong

On Aug 28, 2013, at 7:15 AM, John Wargo <> wrote:

> I've got another silly question. In looking at the Camera API, I see the following:
> targetWidth: Width in pixels to scale image. Must be used with targetHeight. Aspect ratio
remains constant. (Number)
> targetHeight: Height in pixels to scale image. Must be used with targetWidth. Aspect
ratio remains constant. (Number)
> I'm not getting why targetWidth MUST be used with targetHeight (and visa versa) when
aspect ratio remains constant. If aspect ratio remains constant, then setting one automatically
forces the other - that's the whole point of maintaining aspect ratio, right? If the API is
maintaining aspect ratio while sizing the image, then forcing the developer to specify both
parameters is simply wasted work.
> What am I missing here?

View raw message