cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Wargo, John" <john.wa...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Serve vs. opening an HTML file in the browser
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 14:47:28 GMT
Thanks.  Another question, how is Ripple used with the CLI?

John M. Wargo
SAP | Charlotte, NC | USA
Office: +1 704.321.0265 | Mobile: +1 704.249.7476
Email: john.wargo@sap.com
Twitter: @johnwargo

-----Original Message-----
From: mmocny@google.com [mailto:mmocny@google.com] On Behalf Of Michal Mocny
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 10:21 AM
To: dev
Subject: Re: Serve vs. opening an HTML file in the browser

file:// urls come with a lot of restrictions in chrome in desktop, but that
isn't the intended use case anyway.

The intended purpose was to load the web assets from a mobile device
instead of loading the bundled versions, so as to get rapid edit-refresh
when not making changes to native bits.  As Andrew points out 'serve'
command will 'prepare' whenever necessary (grunt watch?) and also serve up
files via local web server.

The simple local alternative may be to just use your own local web server
from the top level www/ dir, thus avoiding the need to prepare -- but it
only works if and only if you do not use merges/, and none of your plugins
have web assets (js-modules are fine I think?), which is not usually the
situation.

-Michal