cordova-dev mailing list archives

From John Wargo <j...@johnwargo.com>
Subject Camera API
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:15:18 GMT
I've got another silly question. In looking at the Camera API, I see the following:

targetWidth: Width in pixels to scale image. Must be used with targetHeight. Aspect ratio
remains constant. (Number)

targetHeight: Height in pixels to scale image. Must be used with targetWidth. Aspect ratio
remains constant. (Number)

I'm not getting why targetWidth MUST be used with targetHeight (and visa versa) when aspect
ratio remains constant. If aspect ratio remains constant, then setting one automatically forces
the other - that's the whole point of maintaining aspect ratio, right? If the API is maintaining
aspect ratio while sizing the image, then forcing the developer to specify both parameters
is simply wasted work.

What am I missing here?