cordova-dev mailing list archives

From John Wargo <j...@johnwargo.com>
Subject core APIs and the CLI
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 11:46:03 GMT
I'm working on the part of my book that deals with the core APIs and I need some guidance on
how things are supposed to work.

I noticed that if I added the Camera API plugin to a project, that the CLI manages adding
the camera feature to the android project's config.xml file in res/xml/config.xml. If I remove
the plugin, the settings are removed from the config.xml.

The documentation says that a setting is also required for the iOS config.xml, but in my testing,
the CLI doesn't make that change for me. The Xcode project's config.xml doesn't change as
I add and remove the Camera plugin.

So am I seeing an anomaly here or is this behavior as expected?  I assumed the CLI would take
care of everything, but my testing here says otherwise. How's this supposed to work or what
must the developer do? It doesn't make sense that the CLI would do this for Android and not
iOS.