cordova-dev mailing list archives

From ivan baktsheev <dot.and.th...@gmail.com>
Subject icons, splash and hooks
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 06:32:01 GMT
hello

i have some projects which use cordova 2.x and i want to migrate to cordova 3.0. i'm very
happy with the project format change and cordova cli, but some issues are very frustrating.

1) icons and splash screens won't copy from res folder

i created an after_prepare hook script (https://gist.github.com/apla/6179863) and assets go
to the proper folders. probably, this can be added to the cordova cli. are there any reasons
not to include this functionality into cordova?

but this added other two issues:

2) hook scripts know nothing about current command platform. for example, when i run "cordova
prepare ios" i don't need assets from android copied. i propose to make a hook script reading
an environment or the second command line parameter to get a current platform, would that
work?

3) hook is not running on windows, and i have to rename my hook to "something.js", windows
will run this script via cscript.exe. i think, cordova could read the first line of a script
file (#!/bin/env node) and launch a proper command, or interpret every hook on windows as
a nodejs script; in this case we would be able to get cross-platform hooks.

thank you!