cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Singh, Ramandeep" <Ramandeep.Si...@barco.com>
Subject RE: Ignoring SSL Errors for InAppBrowser
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 05:50:30 GMT
Wow, this is really a sad sad decision to not fix this issue (or add this functionality in
InAppBrowser). Please check these enterprise apps:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cinemate/id674386455?mt=8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.barco.cinemate

These apps do require privately signed URL access and i had to hack my way to make it work
in InAppBrowser. Lot of people have commented in this thread itself that they do need this
functionality. As i mentioned earlier, it's possible to make it work in the main Cordova WebView
by overwriting onReceivedSslError(), then why there is no such option in the InAppBrowser?
In that case, you should remove this option from the main Cordova WebView too.

>> Joe Bowser wrote:
>> After reading the mailing list, it looks like this will NOT be added to InAppBrowser,
since there is very little reason to add it for a corp >> VPN setup. (If your network
is so secure, why do you need broken SSL?)

Corporate networks or VPNs are secure that's why we usually can't verify the https identity
through an external certification authority. You can't expect them to change https to http
for all internal sites just because InAppBrowser doesn't handle it or give an option to the
user if he wants to continue with the link or block it.

If you compare InAppBrowser to a normal browser, a normal browser gives an option to the user
in case of a unverifiable https link, so i suppose this should be the case for Cordova WebView
as well as InAppBrowser, after all you are treating InAppBrowser as a normal browser window.

Regards,
Raman