cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Singh, Ramandeep" <Ramandeep.Si...@barco.com>
Subject RE: Ignoring SSL Errors for InAppBrowser
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 04:54:01 GMT
Andrew

Some enterprise apps allow access to their own intranet sites with privately signed certificates.
Such apps can't connect to internet usually so there's no way to verify the certificates.
As I mentioned earlier, it's pretty easy to access privately signed URLs within the main Cordova
web view by overwriting onReceivedSslError() function but there's no way to do it in InAppBrowser
currently.
I had to develop an enterprise app which allowed privately signed URLs and I had to face this
issue in InAppBrowser and I am sure many other people would be facing the same issue.

Regards,
Raman

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Soref [mailto:jsoref@blackberry.com]
Sent: 24 July 2013 01:51
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Cc: Singh, Ramandeep
Subject: RE: Ignoring SSL Errors for InAppBrowser

A simple flag is definitely wrong... a static whitelist could be interesting.

Are there real use cases beyond `localhost`?

If someone whitelists any site that isn't on the local device, then when I'm in an Internet
Café, the wrong thing can happen (and in certain cases, the wrong thing probably will happen).

Making it easy for people to write broken applications doesn't seem to be a good "value-add".
Unfortunately, people will do the wrong thing and not care about their customers....

But, this is just my personal opinion....

and may be unlawful.
This message is subject to the following terms and conditions: http://www.barco.com/en/maildisclaimer